UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jan 2020, 6:40 pm   #1
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Nipper and his master

Creating the famous image: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJEbbWVosw
Old 17th Jan 2020, 7:18 pm   #2

Default Re: Nipper and his master

Cats on the other hand with their super high frequency hearing would say (if they could be bothered) "Call that HiFi?".

Old 17th Jan 2020, 7:47 pm   #3
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

I'm reminded of a cartoon from the 1950s which depicted two RCA/HMV-style horn-phonographs, in between of which were two Nipper-style dogs engaged in a ferocious fight, with the commentary "The problem with Stereo".

These days I figure this would be the more-likely outcome:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nipper.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	197264  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 9:22 pm   #4
Nymrod121
Nonode

Here's a photo of a Royal Doulton limited issue (no. '0269' of 2000) Nipper figurine (?) that was given to me by my late father & late stepmother. I remember Mags relating to me how there was a high rate of 'broken on arrival' incidents with the gramophone winding handle breaking off in transit (other makes/models of courier vehicles were involved, no doubt )

Much treasured here at Nymrod Towers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_201518.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	197280  
Closed Thread