UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jun 2020, 12:18 pm   #21
Wendymott
Octode

Default Re: Amazon for components

CPC Farnell and RS for me.... apart from China too..Amazon who ?? It too once used them..didnt see the unclick box... NEVER AGAIN.

Regards
Wendy G8BZY
Old 8th Jun 2020, 10:21 pm   #22
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Arrow Re: Amazon for components

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy-dxer View Post
So your incompetence is their fault?
Strange
You cannot reasonably expect me to accept that comment (post #15 refers) without some sort of response.

Based on your reply, I assume that you always read the 'small print' on each and every document of any type from any source that you have ever read, and will always do so in the future? I also assume that never in your life have you over-looked something or inadvertently made a mistake?
If those three assumptions are indeed true, then you must be a very, very unusual person. Must be really nice to be perfect.

Al.
Old 9th Jun 2020, 7:25 am   #23
Electronpusher0
Nonode

I use Amazon for all sorts of purchases but extreme care is needed otherwise you find all sorts of extra charges, The Prime mebership trap is one but the one that has caught me is when an item is described as free shipping, but when you make the purchase the default shipping is chargeable, you have to select free shipping from a list of shipping options in small print.
Not ethical to my thinking and I have clearly been incompetent in the past by not noticing and paying to ship an item advertised as free shipping.

Peter
Old 9th Jun 2020, 8:02 am   #24
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Closed due to unacceptable attitude in a couple of posts.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread