UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jul 2020, 10:29 am   #21
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Service Data Website Trustpilot Reviews

No review system is perfect, as we know from reviews on eBay, Amazon and Facebook etc.

With Trustpilot anyone can leave a review, so there will be companies asking staff and friends to leave fake 5-star reviews and disgruntled customers or competitors asking friends to leave fake 1-star reviews.

The best they can do to deal with this, if it is highlighted to them and maybe as random spot checks too, is ask for proof that they are reviews of genuine transactions. Their position is probably to remove reviews if they cannot verify they are genuine. There are also other criteria for what is an acceptable review, such as avoiding abusive language or promoting competitors. They are not going to get involved in the details of any disputes.

There is a system whereby merchants (like me) can send customer order details to Trustpilot (such as by bcc'ing the order confirmation emails to a specific address) so they can send invitations to review a few days later. These would be confirmed reviews of genuine transactions. However I am not using that because I do not want to share my customers' data any further than is necessary for processing their orders.

For me as a merchant the basic Trustpilot review package is free. For some of my other clients it does help with order numbers, not vastly but certainly enough to be worthwhile. It also helps a bit with Google search rankings.

Obviously customers can look at the reviews or completely ignore them as they wish, and leaving reviews is completely optional too. If you don't like or trust Trustpilot then feel free to ignore it. I normally look for reviews of companies I am ordering from for the first time, but it is just one of several factors in my decision.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 14th Jul 2020, 10:33 am   #22
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezza123 View Post
Hi all.

What sort of computer browser do you all use, as when I go to Trustpilot they say we no longer support your browser please update your browser.

Here:-

https://uk.trustpilot.com/error/upgr...status=browser

and they do not work. I have Windows XP with Google Chrome.

Gerry
I am not at all surprised that isn't supported. The most recent version of Chrome that will run on XP is several years old now (as is the most recent version of Firefox) and XP has been out of support for several years. Trustpilot works with current operating systems and browsers.

But your choice of operating system and compatibility issues with it are not a discussion for this thread.

Paul Stenning
Old 14th Jul 2020, 7:26 pm   #23
unitelex
Hexode

Done

Best Regards
Chris
Old 14th Jul 2020, 9:04 pm   #24
Reelman
Octode

Happy to have just given a 5 star review..... and well deserved!
Peter
Old 15th Jul 2020, 5:29 pm   #25
chriswood1900
Octode

Done
Old 15th Jul 2020, 5:54 pm   #26
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Just added my five-star review - I bought the disc some ten years ago and installed it on my hard drive.

I must have used it hundreds of times and apart from having the data at my fingertips, it's paid for itself many times over. I dispensed with my set of maroon Newnes Radio/TV manuals long ago, which mostly only had breif information on most sets. The scans are invariably high quality and where makers' manuals are available, are far more comprehensive than Trader Sheets, especially for more commonplace sets such as Bush DAC90A, DAC10, AC91 and so on. The Bush VHF41 data for example, runs to 14 pages compared to a four page Trader Sheet. With the disc of course, both versions are available.

I bought the Valve Data disc too, which has proved most useful.

I look forward to the issue of Disc 2 of the radio data - hopefully a nice stocking filler for Christmas!
Old 15th Jul 2020, 6:01 pm   #27
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Thank you everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David G4EBT View Post
...hopefully a nice stocking filler for Christmas!
That is the plan!

Paul Stenning
Closed Thread