UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Aug 2015, 12:33 pm   #1
trh01uk
Octode

Default Dubilier resistors

Folks,

for a restoration of a WWII receiver we are trying to find data on a "Dubilier B" resistor. We have a description that it is a "metallized filament" type.

A very useful site with early Dubilier catalogues is at http://ethw.org/Archivesubilier_Condenser_Materials - however having downloaded and read nearly all the material there, the particular types are missing - probably because the info is all too early - mostly 1935 and earlier.

Anyone got any Dubilier data they can share from the late 1930s to 1940s?

Richard
Old 17th Aug 2015, 2:53 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Dubilier resistors

Can't help on that one Richard, anyways here's a link to Dubilier capacitor catalogues 1935 & 1941, you might have this already, if not it might be worth making a note of it for any future reference...They are large files:

http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/r...scats.html#c-d

Lawrence.
Old 17th Aug 2015, 9:08 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Richard, can you post a picture of the resistor. I have quite a few Dubilier resistors in my collection and may be able to help.

Ed
Old 18th Aug 2015, 12:00 am   #4
trh01uk
Octode

Lawrence,

no I hadn't seen those ones before. They don't have the resistors, but its all helpful stuff - thanks. I suspect Dubilier dropped out of the resistor business at some point - their name has become associated only with capacitors as far as I know.

Richard
Old 18th Aug 2015, 8:28 am   #5
trh01uk
Octode

Ed,

yes, here is a picture of what we believe is a "Dubilier B". That's based on what the manufacturer's parts list says about the particular component, but its not a certain identification because its just possible that an alternative part was fitted or substituted later on.

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image023.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	111878   Click image for larger version

Name:	image025.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	111879  
Old 18th Aug 2015, 8:51 pm   #6
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Richard, yes, I've seen that type before, but not often. I may even have one or two.

I was initially thinking of some of the "dog bone " types that had Dubilier stamped on them.

Ed
Closed Thread