UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jul 2013, 8:26 am   #1
Annia2007
Retired Dormant Member

Default Restoration of 1950's Bosch fridge

Hello,
I am new to this forum and registerered because I need some help with my Bosch fridge.

I live in Bromsgrove and I am looking for someone who can refurbish it for me. Its still the old technique in it which is not very economical. Furthermore it could do with a new gloss/paint. Is there a company in the Midands, or a private person who could help me? As I cannot do it myself the fridge is not used at the moment (although still in full working order) and a bit wasted.

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 29th Jul 2013, 1:49 pm   #2
TrevorG3VLF
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Restoration of 1950's Bosch fridge

I do not know how to improve efficiency. Replacing the insulation would probably not be possible.

To get it repainted, try a car body shop. If the fridge is white and you are willing to wait until a white car is painted, then the cost might be reasonable.
Old 30th Jul 2013, 10:44 pm   #3
matthewhouse
Octode

Default Re: Restoration of 1950's Bosch fridge

Any chance of some photos? I refurbished our 20 year old fridge a few years ago, the dents were filled with car body filler the lot sanded down and resprayed, a massive improvement. Good luck!
Closed Thread