UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Nov 2017, 9:38 pm   #1
clay shooter
Pentode

Default Roberts RCM1 drive cord

Can anyone help me with a Roberts RCM1 clock radio that i am repairing for a work mate. The drive cord has disintegrated beyond recognition. I think i have worked out the correct route of the cord, but I'm struggling with the length, and my patience is wearing thin now! Can anyone point me in the right direction ??
Old 20th Nov 2017, 10:07 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Roberts RCM1 drive cord

I've not come across an RCM1 manual, but do you have access to the RM33 one?

http://www.service-data.com/product....15/7352/m15715

As far as I know the RCM1 is pretty much an RM33 less the presets but plus a clock, so it seems at least likely that the tuning drive will be more or less identical.

Paul
Old 9th Dec 2017, 6:54 pm   #3
clay shooter
Pentode

Default Re: Roberts RCM1 drive cord

Thanks for the input, I couldn't find the correct dial cord length on the service sheet I did however get the length right 2nd time by trial and a bit more error than I would have liked, I must admit that getting the back of this set was a absolute bu@%er, someone in the past had glued the back on with enough araldite to repair the Hull of the Titanic