UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Nov 2020, 7:01 pm   #1
Apusapus
Triode

Default Roberts R606-MB power supply quandary

Hello was wondering if someone might be able to suggest what might be causing a recent problem with lovely old Roberts R606-MB, "in as much" I've recently tried using it again using the 2 pin plug in power supply, unfortunately at first I couldn't get the radio to work (although it's fine with it's battery power pack) however I discovered that by taking out the compartment (out of the radio) which houses the batteries and the plug for the mains, the mains lead works perfectly, was wondering if the standard power cords that are generally used differ? maybe the one I'm trying isn't quite right for the radio ? any thoughts would be warmly appreciated
Closed Thread