UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 18th Sep 2020, 6:50 pm   #1
factory
Octode

Default Hack Green hanger sale 18th October

Just checked the Hack Green website this morning & noticed they have rearranged the previously cancelled Spring hanger sale for Sunday 18th of October, but no start time is given ;

https://hackgreen.co.uk/whats-on/hangar-sales/

David
Old 18th Sep 2020, 8:23 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Hack Green hanger sale 18th October

Added to the calendar, fingers crossed!
Old 20th Sep 2020, 12:04 pm   #3
whiskas
Octode

I really do hope this rally goes ahead, but have a feeling it will be blocked what with recent new rule changes.
I hope I'm so wrong!
Old 20th Sep 2020, 1:36 pm   #4
YoungManGW
Hexode

Looking please for information from anyone that has been to previous such Hack Green events. What sort of items are available. Mostly military? Or domestic sets too? Many thanks.
Old 20th Sep 2020, 3:54 pm   #5
Gridiron
Heptode

Mostly communications and ex-military stuff, lots of boxes of radio and electronic bits and pieces, tools, etc. Some stalls selling military type clothing and militaria items, not usually that many domestic radios.
Old 20th Sep 2020, 4:57 pm   #6
YoungManGW
Hexode

Thank-you for the gen.
Old 20th Sep 2020, 8:04 pm   #7
factory
Octode

You usually also have traders with stalls with new components, RF connectors, second hand PC/laptops, modern consumer electronic items (that you would find at car boot sale).

The bunker has a stall too (next to the display case with the Anita calculator) with surplus stuff & refreshments.
Also regular is the Stoke amateur radio stall, which can have anything from old test gear, military & amateur radios, bits of old computers and boxes of parts from scrapped equipment.

I've only seen a couple of stalls with domestic valve radios in the eight years I've been going, you sometimes have shed clearance stalls that usually have stuff we are interested in.

They were supposed to be having two sales this year, one for the surplus electronic/radio stuff & another with the militaria stuff, or course neither went ahead.

Note: the facilitates such as the cafe in the bunker are only available if you pay to go round the bunker.

David

Last edited by factory; 20th Sep 2020 at 8:25 pm.
Old 11th Oct 2020, 12:03 pm   #8
factory
Octode

Not unexpected but this sale has been cancelled again, was still shown on Friday as happening but I checked again just now and it's cancelled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-10-11 Hangar Sale - Radio Military Surplus.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	217583

David
Old 11th Oct 2020, 9:33 pm   #9
whiskas
Octode

Yes, it's shame, but I think we have to forget the rally scene for a little while yet...