UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jan 2020, 3:22 pm   #1
Jonntys
Diode

Default Wurlitzer Lyric

I have a Wurlitzer Lyric - I make a selection - then nothing happens - I've tried identifying the switch or solenoid that should be kicking in after selection with no luck.
Any help much appreciated.
Old 30th Jan 2020, 5:32 pm   #2
vidjoman
Dekatron

Default Re: Wurlitzer Lyric

Have you got a service manual? Will be difficult to do without it. Also what skills and tools do you have for fault finding, they are not simple like a record player.
Lyric is a generic name applied to several models - they are not all the same so you will need to find more info.
Old 31st Jan 2020, 11:31 pm   #3
theoldtrout
Hexode

The most common problem with these and a lot of Jukeboxes is worn/burned/badly adjusted contacts, they are located on the button bank and on the underside in two places. I assume it has been modified for free credit. Depending which Lyric model you have there are 4 or 5 fuses on the amplifier chassis to check. You need a service manual and multimeter.
Old 6th Feb 2020, 12:16 pm   #4
Jonntys
Diode

Thanks for the advice - nothing still happening although the gear turns and stops.
I've noticed that the pins seem to be popping without making a selection - any help appreciated
Old 17th Feb 2020, 2:44 pm   #5
Jonntys
Diode

Default Wurlitzer Lyric

Hi Everyone
I have a problem with my Wurlitzer Lyric - the selector buttons sound as though they are working but nothing happens except the gear wheel at the base turns for a few second and stops.
There is no power to the Latch Pins if you try and start the jukebox manually by popping a pin.
I've found 4 fuses and replaced them 3 by the amp and one in the middle at back.
Are there any more fuses or should I be looking at relays etc.
Thanks in advance John
Old 6th Apr 2020, 10:32 am   #6
Jonntys
Diode

Default Wurlitzer Lyric

I have a Wurlitzer Lyric - when I select a record all seems to work but the gear wheel at the base only moves a very small distance then stops and nothing else happens - any ideas?

Thanks
Old 6th Apr 2020, 11:20 am   #7
Herald1360
Dekatron

Where do you stand with respect to the questions in post #2?

Which specific Lyric model do you have? They all do the same job of playing selected records but the devil is in the details of how they actually achieve this!
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread