UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2020, 10:58 pm   #41
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Sanyo VTC 5400P

Kevin

Do you have any info on Saudi Arabian Sanyo models? I have a few of them like the 5350, 5550, 9350 and 9455 and I can't find any service manuals or schematics for them. They are mostly the same as their UK/European counterparts but with additional circuitry for SECAM. My 5350 has Sony ICs on the chroma board whereas Andy's 5400 seems to have Mitsubishi ICs on that same board. That seems strange to me...

Regards,

Fivos
Old 11th May 2020, 10:18 am   #42
andybaz
Triode

Hello All, bit of a update, seeked advise from other avenues and have narrowed down a little - although its still a big issue etc - so looking for a possible scrap donor machine aswell.

DVD player phono & bnc playing into VTC5400 at phono & bnc points.
VTC5400 phono & bnc > scart > to flat screen.

DVD plays correctly - clear sound/picture - no colour dropout to black/white and no colour distortion lines top to bottom.

BETAMAX tape into flatscreen - we have black/white then change to the coloured lines top to bottom etc.

Tape out or stop, play DVD - every thing is fine - colour/image & sound.

So thinking replacing the boards 1 at a time from a donor machine, i fully accept that a donor machine may have the same problem ...

Unless anyone comes up with a item to test/try etc ... i thank you all for your time and efforts and a continual learning knowledge curve for us all.

Stay safe folks regards Andy
Old 24th May 2020, 9:15 pm   #43
Sanbeta
Hexode

Thumbs up Re: Sanyo VTC 5400P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fivos_sak View Post
Kevin

Do you have any info on Saudi Arabian Sanyo models? I have a few of them like the 5350, 5550, 9350 and 9455 and I can't find any service manuals or schematics for them. They are mostly the same as their UK/European counterparts but with additional circuitry for SECAM. My 5350 has Sony ICs on the chroma board whereas Andy's 5400 seems to have Mitsubishi ICs on that same board. That seems strange to me...

Regards,

Fivos
No I don't sadly.
If you can also send you address details again so I can get those idler tyres and two belt's for those machines you mentioned (vtc 5000?)

Cheers...................Kev
Old 24th May 2020, 9:52 pm   #44
andybaz
Triode

There a ebay seller selling flat belts 1mm profile.
Closed Thread