UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Nov 2008, 6:03 pm   #1
Ekcoman
Heptode

Default E.A.R. Microgram.

My third and last post for the moment after resolving some of the questions on my Dynatron & Dansette concerns a company called E.A.R. as once again my searches have revealed little about this company. Some years back I acquired an EAR MICROGRAM which is a rather lovely machine with Collaro deck and powerful output. I reckon it was built about 1956 but maybe a few years out. It was obviously targeting the quality end of the market. I have found a few adverts for a similar looking machine in a mid fifties copy of The Gramophone but not the MICROGRAM.
The company was still trading in 1963 as The Which Magazine mentions a few of their machines. I'd be grateful if anyone out there has any links or knowledge they'd be willing to share on the subject. Thanks to all those of you who helped out on my two previous threads.
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 7:01 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: E.A.R. Microgram.

There is some info in the old Radio & Television Servicing books on EAR products (also available from Paul Stenning here), but no Microgram sadly.

As you say, some of their products certainly look promising on paper, e.g. the Triple Four of ~1958, with its push-pull output, and four speakers (one 10" x 6", one 7" x 4" and two 4" tweeters)

Nick.
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 7:23 pm   #3
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

Default Re: E.A.R. Microgram.

Found this old thread:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=10262

Not much about this company however the book Audio! Audio! does give a couple of adresses:-

Electric Audio Reproducers Ltd.
17 Little St.Leonards,
Mortlake, London SW14.

From 1955, The Square, Isleworth,
Middlesex.

They made various amplifiers in the mid-fifties:-

E.A.R. 5-10 Mullard, 1954-55.
E.A.R. 6-10 and 6-10P , 1955-56.
E.A.R. 395 , 1955-56.

Regards, Mick.
Closed Thread