UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2021, 5:24 pm   #1
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Default Wanted, NE5534N IC

Hi folks, The pest here again, I am looking for an NE5534N ic. I have tried the usual suppliers and ebay. I canít find a UK supplier for this. Does anyone know an equivalent as the information available on the internet is a bit vague to say the least. Perhaps somebody has one they can spare, all costs met obviously. If the moderators feel this isnít appropriate for the forum then please feel free to delete the post. Many thanks, Norman
Old 4th May 2021, 5:29 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Wanted, NE5534N IC

What's special about the N variant? Loads of places sell various flavours of the NE5534 in both DIL and SMD styles.
Old 4th May 2021, 5:40 pm   #3
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Thatís the problem I have, I donít know what difference is between variants . If someone has a definitive answer please let me know. The one fitted is an 8 pin dil through hole type. Norman
Old 4th May 2021, 5:50 pm   #4
Steve_Bell
Hexode

Norman,
I've got a couple of the exact type you're looking for. They are Philips parts with a date code of 9709. They have been desoldered, so are used.

I'll pop them in the post, if you PM me your address.

Steve.
Old 4th May 2021, 5:53 pm   #5
Ambientnoise
Heptode

The N simply means a plastic dual in line package, 8 pin in this case. The NE5534P from say Cricklewood will do the job.
Old 5th May 2021, 1:00 pm   #6
Marconi_MPT4
Hexode

Both N and AN are Philips designations, where A indicates guaranteed noise spec but otherwise identical.

The NE5534P (also AP) appears to be manufactured by TI, but there could be others.

Rich
Old 5th May 2021, 1:34 pm   #7
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Thanks for the information everyone. Steve is sending me one so I guess this thread can be closed.
Closed Thread