UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Dec 2017, 8:39 am   #1
mark2collection
Hexode

Default Thought of the day

First off, may I say Happy New Year to one & all.

My reason for 'thought of the day' recounting stories from my Nan & a family friend, both sadly no longer with us, & me thinking, 'what was it like?'

At the time I was too young & had little interest in such things as vintage technology to ask intelligent questions but can remember my Nan chuckling at a lady at the daycare centre who'd see someone out the corner of her eye having been 'bitten' & 'can you smell something hot?' & seeing whisps of smoke down the line. Turns out this lady may have worked in Plymouth(?)

The family friend worked in a factory who made parts & I remember her saying 'the condensers were sticky ol' things to work with!' She worked in London, possibly TCC?

As a lighthearted year end, has anyone further tales as to 'what it was like' making now, vintage sets?

All the best,

Mark
Closed Thread