UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jun 2016, 8:39 am   #161
lazythread
Pentode

Default Re: Garrard record player deck identification.

Edward, I recently acquired one of the Garrard "butterfly" decks, it came as a chassis only and with an AT5 instruction flyer. I believe that AT5 was the Garrard description for these decks, but stand to be corrected. It's later than the AT6 as it has an AT60 centre spindle, with the larger hole centre bearing. Styling-wise it's actually closer to a 2000/3000, with a pressed steel turntable and controls, but with a four-pole motor. So it may well have been introduced towards the end of the run.

HTH

Regards
Old 29th Jun 2016, 5:07 pm   #162
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Garrard record player deck identification.

Actually, I did wonder as to whether it was an adapted AT5 and fully agree with you. The AT6 versions were discontinued by around 1963, the time of the AT60 and AT5, so I'm 95% sure you are right. It's possible that the arm in yours has little or no weight adjustment. Much of the concept the Pye engineering team had was it came as it came, with no user adjustement possible and no additional amplifier input/outputs. Edward

Last edited by Edward Huggins; 29th Jun 2016 at 5:10 pm. Reason: re-think
Closed Thread