UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Apr 2021, 10:50 am   #1
Bill
Pentode

Default Dubilier Capacitor Colour?

I have a quantity of Dubilier paper in oil capacitors, eg 8uF 800v. They check out electrically fine but due to age and bad storage they look rather battered.
Can anyone tell me the correct RAL paint colour for these? It looks a sort of light green, slightly blue shade and similar to front panels on some military or industrial equipment. Thanks.
Old 12th Apr 2021, 11:50 am   #2
wave solder
Hexode

Default Re: Dubilier Capacitor Colour?

Sky blue 101 BS381
Old 12th Apr 2021, 1:28 pm   #3
Bill
Pentode

Default Re: Dubilier Capacitor Colour?

Thanks. That looks right on my screen anyway. Described as a shade of blue seems a little off the mark though.
Closed Thread