UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jun 2021, 4:09 pm   #41
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: Help with some old TV tubes.

Update.

I ordered a couple of cans of Graphit 33 yesterday and they arrived today, the graphite i had previously tried to apply would simply brush off the CRT, so I cleaned it up and wiped down with some Acetone again letting it dry off for a few hours.

The spray stuff is brilliant, it goes on well and does not run off the glass and it does have a good solvent smell with it, this evaporates quickly as the colour changes from a wet black to dull grey.

I have applied two coats and after a 10 minute wait , using the DVM probes gently resting on the coating approx 1 inch apart, I am getting 1K8 Ohm. I will let the CRT sit for a day in the garage to see if it gets any lower.

I was considering putting the CRT in the sun, but decided against it unless i could find a way of rotating it automatically, I would not want one side of the tube in the sun to expand against the cooler side in the shade.

I wonder if anyone with a colour printer has ever made up new Mullard CRT labels and warning papers to apply to a re-coated tube?

Adrian
Old 16th Jun 2021, 3:46 pm   #42
AdrianH
Octode

The coating went under 1K Ohms per inch after a 'polish' of the coating so very happy with the result. I have swapped the tube for the one in my TV, details in my Ferguson thread.

Adrian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MW36-24graphit.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	236003  
Old 16th Jun 2021, 4:16 pm   #43
Jac
Heptode

Excellent result!

Jac
Closed Thread