UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Feb 2020, 11:48 pm   #1
tracypaper
Octode

Default Hacker Gondolier help please.

While sorting deck problems on the above player a pick up wire has snapped off the rear panel that the add on amp plugs into, the pick up wire in question does not have the earth shield wire attached to the rear outputs only the central blue plastic covered live is attached. Can any body supply a picture to help me re-attach please?
Cheers.
Gaz.
Old 24th Feb 2020, 9:34 pm   #2
Radio tirana
Pentode

Default Re: Hacker Gondolier help please.

Hi Gaz
I have attached a photo of the phono socket panel from a Cavalier I suspect it's the same or very similar. The earth screens are sleeved and connect to the left hand fixing screws both of which have a solder tag between the fixing screw and the paxolin panel the two solder tags are joined together with tinned copper wire.

Hope this helps. Kind regards, RT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200224_201031_resized_20200224_082739606.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	199658  
Old 26th Feb 2020, 11:33 pm   #3
tracypaper
Octode

Default Re: Hacker Gondolier help please.

Cheers RT, that's just what I want.
Gaz.
Closed Thread