UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Oct 2019, 6:36 pm   #1
lloydwells
Heptode

Default Thermionic products sound mirror value

I've just somewhat accidentally acquired a thermionic products sound mirror in good condition this will be to sell on anyone have any idea of a value I would keep it but my house is chock full of radios and the Mrs has her limits
Old 16th Oct 2019, 7:26 pm   #2
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: Thermionic products sound mirror value

It's basically a case of finding someone who wants one - they have changed hands for tens or hundreds of pounds at odd times. £50-£75, perhaps, in good cosmetic condition, maybe more if there are several paper tapes with it. Their main attraction is as the first domestic machine sold in the UK, and what may be preserved on the tapes, rather than any great engineering interest.
Old 16th Oct 2019, 9:46 pm   #3
kalee20
Dekatron

It's a good-looking machine, circuit is a bit unusual but it does give surprisingly good results. However, market for old tape recorders is not exactly buoyant.
Old 18th Oct 2019, 1:23 pm   #4
brenellic2000
Octode

I had three at one time - a rare Portable and the standard walnut-veneered table-top variants, one with valuable provenance. They were almost impossible to sell or give away as there is a very limited market. And yet some sellers strike lucky and get big money! It's pot luck...
Old 18th Oct 2019, 7:22 pm   #5
Volatile
Triode

I WAY over paid for mine, £125 as a project, got it working in the end, so they can sell, If you wait for special people like me XD
Old 20th Oct 2019, 11:44 am   #6
lloydwells
Heptode

Well i've recapped it its up and running and on eBay so we'll see can't moan I sold a pilot little maestro on there for £200 ! On friday
Closed Thread