UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Apr 2020, 1:08 pm   #21
stuarth
Heptode

Default Re: americanradiohistory.com, many British and International electronics publications

I tried ARH recently to save going into the loft for an old Wireless World.

There was an article I remembered describing a solid state electronic multimeter with similar characteristics to a Heathkit V-7AU, ie 11M input impedance DC, & P-P response AC.

I found the article in the index for the Feb '69 issue, pages 67 - 70, but the relevant pages were missing. In fact editorial pages 67 to 78 are missing. (The situation is confused by WW practice of numbering advertising pages independently from editorial pages, so there are pages 69 & 70 for example, but they are advertising pages).

If my ARH search was successful, I planned to get rid of my paper WWs and other magazines, but now I'm not so sure. Is this a rare occurrence or have others found missing pages?

Stuart
Old 17th Apr 2020, 1:55 pm   #22
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

Default Re: americanradiohistory.com, many British and International electronics publications

Common to find missing pages or pages out of order.

However, in a lot of cases, once it has been reported to the site, they will sooner or later get fixed.

What I do is download what I am interested in and then check each individual pdf. Once satisfied all is OK, then I ditch the paper copies.

I should add, you could offer your paper copies for them to scan and fix up faulty ones.
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:31 am   #23
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I'm fairly sure they've got Wireless World in Birmingham Library so when it opens again after lockdown, etc., I'll get those missing pages from the Feb. 1969 issue!

Chris Williams
Old 23rd May 2020, 1:02 pm   #24
jhalphen
Hexode

Good day to all,

Another find exploring the American Radio History web site :

FBIS - the Foreign Broadcast Information Service, data compiled by the CIA covering every broadcast service all over the world from 1953 to 1974, 50 pdf volumes in all !
Listing by country, station name, then by frequency, lowest to highest.
Full tech data : location, frequency, TV channel, system, A & V power
Separate books year by year for :
- AM & shortwave
- FM & TV

https://www.americanradiohistory.com...aster_Page.htm

Interesting to discover :
- clandestine station listings
- how many American Forces (AFRTS) radio stations there were in France (1959 book).

Best Regards
jhalphen
Paris/France
Old 11th Jun 2020, 12:09 pm   #25
Philips210
Nonode

Hi.

As many will no doubt know, the American Radio History website was recently renamed World Radio History https://worldradiohistory.com/index.htm

Regards,
Symon
Old 11th Jun 2020, 12:37 pm   #26
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Thanks for the update. Fortunately, my existing bookmarks automatically redirect.
Old 11th Jun 2020, 1:08 pm   #27
Reelman
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philips210 View Post
Hi.

As many will no doubt know, the American Radio History website was recently renamed World Radio History https://worldradiohistory.com/index.htm

Regards,
Symon
Thanks for pointing this out, it must be my most favourite site.... after this one of course!
Seriously, I would recommend the guy who runs the site for an award for services to all enthusiasts around the world.

Peter
Old 20th Jun 2020, 5:53 am   #28
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

Very fortunately I managed to download all the RSGB archives from A.R.H. before the RSGB kicked up a stink, but alas to say not Electronics Australia.

I did ask Mr. Gleason if there was any chance of starting a "Practical Motorist" magazine page as this started in F.J. Camm's time, but he wasn't very enthusiastic about it!

Maybe more of us need to write to him!

Chris Williams
Old 20th Jun 2020, 10:31 am   #29
joebog1
Banned

I have a few Electronics Australia mags.

It did go to kukah after it was renamed from Radio Television and Hobbies, but I do have quite a few EARLY ones. When it went to semiconductors I stopped buying it.

If you have specific articles I will surely check my stash and email them as PDF's.

Cheers Chris 55000

Joe
Old 20th Jun 2020, 10:33 pm   #30
m0cemdave
Octode

Can the moderators rename this thread to reflect the new web address?
Closed Thread