UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jul 2019, 4:05 pm   #1
donutty
Pentode

Default Spring model 310 aka Unitra Neptun 150 in disguise

Another one of my car boot finds (same one that produced the Ekco U332 I recently restored) was this 'Spring' branded Unitra mono portable TV (made in Poland).

"It's £10 luv".. 'do you have the cable?' (only a simple figure-8)... "ah.. no. well you can have it for £8 then". I have a drawer full of fig-8s

After a good scrub up it's 9/10 cosmetically and 10/10 functionally (well, I am assuming the tuner is working but I don't have to hand a STB that can output RF) with only some dust migrated into the perspex cover over the screen, and I'm not too fussed about that to take it apart to get to it.

It's a nice retro 70/80s design similar to an Indesit T12 I have. Integrated carrying handle, mains and 12v (12v not tested) and earphone jack on the front. There exists a very similar tuner-less model used just as a monitor which had the ear jack replaced with a red LED

There was a whole warren of dust bunnies inside but it is very clean and looks to have run cool with no obvious ageing. There is a mainboard and most if not all the sub-sections are on plug-in cards and construction appears to be to a very good standard. One large cap has printed on it the RRP in Polish Złoty. This set probably got very little use. It even has a price tag of £71.99 hanging from the back.

A Google search brings up mentions of 'Paul Spring Electronics' of Orpington in some trade directories but no mention of this or any other of (his?) products. I guess just a sole trader who made a few quid importing re-badged Polish TVs.

Sorry; no inside shots (but if you ask nicely I can crack it open again)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	springtv1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	187002   Click image for larger version

Name:	springtv2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	187003   Click image for larger version

Name:	springtv3.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	187004   Click image for larger version

Name:	springtv4.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	187005   Click image for larger version

Name:	springtv5.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	187006  

Old 20th Jul 2019, 4:14 pm   #2
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Default Re: Spring model 310 aka Unitra Neptun 150 in disguise

In 1981 Paul Spring bought the Murphy brand name from Rank Radio International.

DFWB.
Old 20th Jul 2019, 4:22 pm   #3
donutty
Pentode

Default Re: Spring model 310 aka Unitra Neptun 150 in disguise

OK, not just a one-man band then

Please accept my apologies Paul !! but you are not well indexed by Google
Closed Thread