UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 1st Oct 2017, 11:53 pm   #1
bakophone
Triode

Default Antiques Roadshow 01/10/2017

Not sure if anyone caught the item on the Antiques Roadshow from Minehead tonight? Someone bought in part of his of his collection; Skeleton, 150, 300 (Green, Red and Ivory) and 700 telephones.

The gentleman interviewed (possibly a contributor here?) has 80 old phones plus his own exchange.

Viewers in the UK should be able to catch this on BBC i-Player for a while to come.
Old 2nd Oct 2017, 9:19 am   #2
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default Re: Antiques Roadshow 01/10/2017

I know the said gentleman, having visited him. Lives in Somerset not too far from Minehead. His automatic exchange is connected to CNet via my system here on North Wales.

I thought most folk had all those phones? I've got some of those coloured Bakelite 300 types still in their original 'GPO Special Pack No ...' boxes - never having been used. Shame the Telephone No 16 has been polished down to the brass and PVC covered cords fitted.. I managed to pick one up on eBay in original untouched condition, having seen little use for £150 'Buy it Now' on eBay a couple of years ago. Worked perfectly when 'powered up'.
Closed Thread