UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Sep 2015, 7:35 pm   #1
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default Harpenden Swapmeet and Auction is this Sunday!

Just a reminder that the BVWS autumn season kicks off with the Harpenden meet this coming Sunday 27th September. Doors open at 9.30. Auction starts 1pm. For directions see: www.bvws.org.uk/events/locations.php

Any VISITORS who are not BVWS members but would like to come along and see what we're all about WILL BE MADE MOST WELCOME, we allow visitors a couple of visits so that you can 'try before you buy!' (although you need to be a member to bid in the auction, you can join on the day).

Many stalls, the bring and buy, hot and cold refreshments and the usual large auction, run in a very seamless, slick manner by our esteemed chairman. With some 30' and 40's sets often selling for very little more than a fiver, the auction is the best way of building up your collection and getting some good projects in for the coming winter evenings!

Here's a video of a recent meeting, to give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2UZBn0pvg

And not forgetting Brians Philips LDK5 colour TV camera which will be on display too! https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=119691

See you there....

BVWS committee chairman

Last edited by audiomagpie; 23rd Sep 2015 at 7:54 pm.
Old 24th Sep 2015, 12:39 am   #2
murphymad
Heptode

Default Re: Harpenden Swapmeet and Auction is this Sunday!

Hi All,

I have just sent Paul the Auction Catalogue for the BVWS Website and Forum so he will make it available to everyone when he has time.

This is a FREE BVWS service to everyone and therefore it is made available when ready.

The auction has a number of interesting and unusual items as well as a lot of Valves and some very early Valves.

There may be more items on the day.

See you all there.

Mike...
Old 24th Sep 2015, 7:01 pm   #3
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The catalogue is attached here, and I will add it to the website within the next hour or so.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Harpenden Auction Sept 2015.pdf (44.0 KB, 560 views)

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 28th Sep 2015, 9:13 pm   #4
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: Harpenden Swapmeet and Auction is this Sunday!

Good evening,
Many thanks to all involved with the running of Harpenden. I had a good time yesterday and managed to get rid of all my things on the bring and buy stall.

I was surprised at the fairly low price for things in the auction and got a Murphy A24C console set in reasonable but complete condition for only £5 and a near mint Bush DAC10 for only £25. A lot of the rather rare and very early intact bright emitter valves went for a surprisingly low amount as well.

Met quite a few members and also got a load of rolls of wire for £10 and some high precision resistors free.
Many thanks to the 2 lovely women in the canteen for a delicious sandwich and cake!

Looking forward to the next BVWS event

Christopher Capener
Old 29th Sep 2015, 9:20 am   #5
newlite4
Octode

Less than ten weeks to the next RWB event Christopher, I am marking off the days as I write this. I sensed a good atmosphere at Sundays event, even though sellers and buyers were down, there was still a buzz about the place, thanks to all those involved in keeping this event alive.
Neil
Old 29th Sep 2015, 10:31 am   #6
beamcurrent
Heptode

What a splendid day!

The camera demonstration went well, with the camera working well all day, always a worry after all it's only a youngster at a 1/3 of a century old!

I am always impressed by the rate of progress in camera design and technology. The camera displayed last year, a Marconi MkIII, was monochrome, valve, big, heavy, used lots of watts and therefore pretty hot! this years camera, just 18 years later, colour, integrated circuits, not so big specially in the base station/CCU end, less watts and quite cool! and most amazingly it used Triax cable instead of multicore.

Pictures attached of a couple of well know members.

The cameras next outing will be at the Kempton Park Radio Rally on the 8th November http://www.radiofairs.co.uk

The bring & buy, which I help run, was very busy too. With the generosity of the people who donated items and the commission on the sales items, well over £450 was raised to support the Wireless Museum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2041 (Medium).jpg
Views:	210
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	113615   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2037 (Medium).jpg
Views:	144
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	113616   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2046 (Medium).jpg
Views:	147