UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Aug 2015, 10:03 am   #1
m0cemdave
Octode

Default Milton Keynes Radio Rally 2015, Sunday August 30th

The Milton Keynes rally is on Bank Holiday Sunday. All welcome!

Location: Longueville Hall, Newton Longville, MK17 0AT (NGR SP841316). Traders in large field and village hall.
Entry £3 (includes onsite parking)

More info at:
http://www.mkars.org.uk/rally

Weather forecasts here:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html (8 miles Northeast)
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html (7 miles East)
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html (9 miles West)

Only a few miles from the wonderful National Museum of Computing:
http://www.tnmoc.org/

I shall be helping to run the Club stall, so call by and say Hello.
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 10:50 am   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Milton Keynes Radio Rally 2015, Sunday August 30th

Added to the Calendar
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 3:01 pm   #3

Trying to find where it is... N51 58' 34.5" 0 46' 35.1" is the entrance from the road. Much nearer than the postcode.

Old 27th Aug 2015, 12:23 am   #4
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: Milton Keynes Radio Rally 2015, Sunday August 30th

Good evening,
Just out of interest how does this event compare for things like components and vintage electronics as well as size to the Huntingdon rally which is a day later (BH Monday) as I can only really attend either one or the other?
Many thanks,
Christopher Capener
Old 27th Aug 2015, 9:00 am   #5
Andrewausfa
Octode

Christopher, it's a good rally.

I've had some good stuff from there and from when it was at Bletchley Park. Mike Lewis is usually there, usual car bootfuls of one mans treasure outside, plenty of amateur radios, associated equipment and assorted components to look at and buy inside the building. It is an amateur radio rally though, so you can't really qualify what will be there. Vintage domestic radio-wise there might be nothing for you on the day or there might be loads.

It's about the same size as the Huntingdon (St.Neots) rally and the Flight Refuelling one. I prefer the MK one (and FR) as the last Huntingdon one I went to was more like a computer fair in the car boot area.

Signposted from MK roundabouts and marshalls on the entrance as you come up the road from MK, straight road so you can't miss it.

Andrew
Old 27th Aug 2015, 3:33 pm   #6
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

It is a shame they are on consecutive days as they are not too far apart. You do get a few traders from further afield who visit both, as they stay locally overnight.
As for computer gear, a lot of rallies get that these days. St Neots (like Bletchley) does have indoor stalls and a large hard-standing and field for car boot/flea market and car parking.
I must say that I have always enjoyed St Neots the many years I have attended. Car boot prices are reasonable as well. I think it was £8.00 last year? I stand corrected if this is wrong. Cheap pitches will sometimes attract the small private seller as well.
I am undecided if I will go to both or just one. Previous years I have chosen St Neots out of the two as it is nearer for me. I will let the weather make my mind up this year!
Rob
Old 31st Aug 2015, 7:52 pm   #7
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Having visited both events, I must say how enjoyable they both were. Made even more so by the organisers and helpers in attendance. A big thank you especially to the exemplary assistance from the young RAF cadets at St Neots who performed wonderfully despite the appalling weather that they operated in!
Milton Keynes had the best weather, with plenty of outside stalls. St. Neots had only 3 or 4 outside, with the remainder inside.
Both events were very well attended despite weather forecasts.
I look forward to the 2016 events.
Rob
Old 4th Sep 2015, 9:32 am   #8
turretslug
Dekatron

St Neots was certainly a very typical Bank Holiday, weather-wise. Did the usual quick tour round, then detail browsing of the bric-a-brac trays. No earth-shattering finds, but got a useful bundle of oddments including a handful of those decent ceramic IO valveholders with variable indexing and sturdy lugs as used in the AR88- not that I've got any intention of damaging the existing ones, but you never know. Also a new iron-clad bit for the Adamin 12W iron (super-light, slim, similar to but narrower than Antex 15W types, NSN 3439-21-867-3567!) I acquired on starting work 30 years ago and that still comes in handy for SMD stuff. Anyone know what happened to Adamin?
Closed Thread