UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Oct 2015, 11:00 pm   #1
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default Audiojumble!

Just a reminder that the Autumn Audiojumble takes place this coming Sunday in Tonbridge, Kent. Open to everyone, run and organised by John Howes and his team, now in it's 23rd year

For times and directions, see: http://www.audiojumble.co.uk/Next%20Event.htm

The BVWS team will be there as usual, with a Transit load of vintage audio/radio/test gear, plus a good stock of capacitors, deoxit, publications and membership forms if anyone wishes to take the plunge....

If you're into any aspect of audio/hifi from 1930's right up to the present, this show shouldn't be missed!

Do come and say hello!

BVWS committee chairman
Old 2nd Oct 2015, 1:12 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Audiojumble!

I'm expecting to turn up with Peter [Reelguy] the Bexhill Brigade
Dave W
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 7:49 am   #3
Valvepower
Octode

Hello All.

I'm going along as I need to pickup some transformers from Mike Barker. With a bit of luck I may find to someone to chat to about the my recent charity shop find a Sony 9-306UB TV

Terry.
Old 4th Oct 2015, 8:53 am   #4
sp10mk11
Octode

I would love to go to this but due to my health I cannot drive that far (245 miles), plus not being able to walk far or stand for long periods or carry anything heavy for too long just puts it out of reach, I have a freind going so he has a shopping list as long as my arm.

I vote for one in Bristol I might be able to manage that (selfish I know)

Gary
Old 4th Oct 2015, 7:43 pm   #5
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Peter took me along with him and we found it very enjoyable. Some traders thought numbers were down but it's hard to tell sometimes. Quite a lot of vintage compnents and radio items [inc the BVWS stall]. More tape recorders than usual we thought which was a temptation for Peter. He did give in right at the end but didn't need a trolley on this occasion.

Thee was no hardware calling me but I was more than pleased with the magazines, books and Vinyl that I found and the attitude of the vendors.
It is true that you can spend a lot at this event due to it's "high end" element but there is something for everyone and my records were not expensive. A good day!
Dave W
Old 5th Oct 2015, 11:01 pm   #6
murphymad
Heptode

We had a very good day on the BVWS stall.
Almost everything we took was sold by the time we left and the capacitor sales were definitely up on the last couple of events.

It is always difficult to tell weather this event is more or less busy with visitors because not all people make it there for the opening time.

I would say that at one point it was as busy as ever and the stall holders in our area of the hall were doing a roaring trade.

There were certainly more £50 notes being waved about than I ever get to see usually all freshly withdrawn from banks, crisp and clean.

John Howes and his family should be congratulated on another excellent event!

Mike...
Old 5th Oct 2015, 11:12 pm   #7
GrimJosef
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphymad View Post
... John Howes and his family should be congratulated on another excellent event!
Indeed they should .

I had a great time, although I didn't come away with much. The things I could afford I didn't really want, and the things I really wanted I really, really couldn't afford (those Pye HF25's !).

It was a real pleasure to meet folks again though.

Cheers,

GJ