UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Mar 2020, 2:43 pm   #1
ajgriff
Nonode

Default Lidl O-Rings

I've started a new thread for this in order to highlight this Lidl offer which may not last very long as always. Box of 420 mixed o-rings bought earlier today for £5.99. Looks very similar to Screwfix's offering, currently for sale at more than twice the Lidl price.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lidl O-Rings.JPG
Views:	753
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	200144  
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 3:57 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Lidl O-Rings

That looks well worth grabbing.
Old 5th Mar 2020, 11:21 am   #3
ajgriff
Nonode

I believe that the current offer is due to end today.

Alan
Old 5th Mar 2020, 3:11 pm   #4
Oldcodger
Nonode

Always worth looking at both Aldi & Lidl's job lots. Nuts/bolts/ fixings and the favourite -heatshrink in various sizes.
Old 5th Mar 2020, 4:57 pm   #5
The Philpott
Dekatron

If we take the labelling at face value (ie petrol acid and oil resistant) then these are probably ok. Certain rubber parts like these O rings can be available suspiciously cheaply- but sometimes i suspect this is because they have become sidelined as being inadequate following the insertion of ethanol into pump petrol.

I did encounter some really naff ones (can't remember the source) a few years ago when making a silly diet coke/mentoes fountain for my daughter (hardly aggressive chemicals!)- The O rings used to seal the leaks rotted in less than a year.

Dave
Old 5th Mar 2020, 5:42 pm   #6
Refugee
Dekatron

Post#15.
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...31#post1222831
Just one penny more at the flea market.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	O_rings.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	200310  
Old 3rd May 2020, 7:27 pm   #7
Farzooks
Tetrode

I've had boxes of Lidl metric and imperial o-rings for a few years. Every time, I wonder if they're any good, before just giving them a try anyway. So far they've stood up to petrol, heat, oil and road muck and been in use for ages. Oftentimes, they've been incredibly useful for sizing as Suzuki (and others ) insist on using some weird non-standard sizes in their applications, but a box full of sizes has so far got me out of a jam. Just as well, when you see the prices of OEM o-rings.
Old 6th May 2020, 3:02 pm   #8
Backtoreality
Hexode

I wish they'd do rubber grommet selections and brass screws, 2BA to 8BA countersunk would be great, Oh and brass wood screws as well, from 3 x 1/4 to 4 x 3/4!
David
Closed Thread