UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Mar 2020, 6:34 pm   #1
llama
Octode

Default Project whilst spending more time at home. My first valve store.

Here at Llama Towers we're keeping our distance from others so plenty of time to get on with projects.

The two (poor) pictures show each side of a unit I've built to house some of my valve stash. It's been on the back-burner for many months and in fact the base, which is on little wheels, has been done from the very beginning. It's designed to slide into a restricted-height area in my outbuilding loft to make good use of an otherwise awkward space.

The superstructure is made from mostly surplus materials I've got round here. Due to the small loft hatch it's all designed to come apart. One side is for larger size valves, the other isn't. I haven't tried putting it together in the loft yet...

Anyone else making inroads into their round tuit pile?
Graham
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ValvStorA.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	201419   Click image for larger version

Name:	ValvStorB.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	201420  
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 11:34 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Project whilst spending more time at home. My first valve store.

Excellent!

With the desire to not go out hunting for new materials, the 'what have I got around to make it from' approach is going to come to the fore.

I got in a full cylinder of Argon last week in case I feel the urge to bang some bits of metal together. I've got loads of woodscrews and glue on stock. Electronic parts'll go through the post. I should be able to entertain myself.

David
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 9:41 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Project whilst spending more time at home. My first valve store.

Managed to get to Screwfix today for a few plumbing accessories; as it was nice weather it was then on with the new uprated irrigation system (timers will be built when the weather turns). It may all be a waste of time as I doubt we will be able to travel to Europe with the caravan this year.

Ed
Closed Thread