UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2019, 10:37 am   #21
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: NVCF Warwickshire Sunday 12th May

Thanks for the link. Looking at the route, I can't see how it would impact uopn my journey, but motorway roadworks may be another matter. There are, however, always "smart" motorway roadworks somewhere along the M6, so I'm used to them. In the forty-odd years that I've been driving up and down the M6, I can remember only one journey totally free of roadworks!

I am familiar with the M42/M40 route through Leamington Spa - and used to go that way before I discovered the other route.
Old 11th May 2019, 12:11 pm   #22
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Sadly,I will not be there this year as car and funds do not permit.
Old 11th May 2019, 10:22 pm   #23
Reelman
Octode

Well, we set up the table this afternoon so we will be ready for business in the morning. If you are passing come and say hello, we are at "L2". Help convert our junk to yours.
While stocks last! Free magazine for every forum member who calls, just ask.
Peter.
Old 12th May 2019, 4:02 pm   #24
electronicskip
Nonode

Just returned from the show.
A great day out and met a couple of forum members too.
I really held back from buying in bulk as her indoors would probably lock me out if I did .
Bought a nice Trio communications receiver , a modified CB and some odd plugs and speakers.
All in all a great day out.
Old 12th May 2019, 5:12 pm   #25
Sinewave
Octode

Just about to fire up the BBQ and get the ales out after having a fantastic day. Well done to the guys putting in a great effort at the bring and buy of which I made a few purchases.

A few other nice things came home with me and I also met two forum members.
Old 12th May 2019, 7:47 pm   #26
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I, too, was at the NVCF. Had a good browse around most of the stalls, bought a few small components & test probes, plus a pack of c90 cassettes (they're getting hard to find now, plus a few MP3 encoded CDs of Pirate radio and American CBS Radio, which will no doubt be an interesting lidten.
Old 12th May 2019, 8:08 pm   #27
Ambientnoise
Heptode

I went today, a lovely run up Fosse Way and a good event. I got the impression that stalls were fewer though and more spread out. A couple of stallholders expressed concern so let’s hope it continues.
Old 12th May 2019, 9:21 pm   #28
Reelman
Octode

A great day out, managed to shift most of the stuff I had brought and resisted the urge to buy too much.... although I did pick up a radiogram on the way back. I also thought there were fewer stalls and indeed punters.
A big thank you to the organisers for all their hard work and input and to the fellow forum members who purchased from me.
Also nice to meet in person some known only by their avatar up to then.
Peter

Last edited by Reelman; 12th May 2019 at 9:23 pm. Reason: Addition
Old 12th May 2019, 9:59 pm   #29
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I too had a very enjoyable day, but was fairly exhausted by the time I left about 3:00pm.

My sincere apologies to the Bring & Buy team that I forgot to check back before leaving to retrieve any items I brought that remained unsold. I feel rather embarrassed about this, given that I grumble about people who do this at Golborne.
Old 12th May 2019, 10:34 pm   #30
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Shortly before I left (around 2:30pm) a credit or debit card was found on the floor and handed into the cash desk. I don’t know if it was later claimed, but if you have lost one please contact the BVWS treasurer, Jeremy Day, as soon as possible. I believe he will hand it in at a branch of the relevant bank tomorrow if not claimed.

You will obviously need to confirm the name on the card and the bank to prove it’s yours.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 12th May 2019, 10:44 pm   #31
bobbyball
Octode

Thanks again to Greg and the gang for making it all happen once again.

Numbers a bit down on last time but these are extraordinary times and we all need to pull together.

Thanks also to the friendly and helpful staff at the WEC, with the "can do" attitude - some other venues could learn a few things from them!
Old 12th May 2019, 11:43 pm   #32
murphymad
Heptode

The Credit card was claimed by the rightful owner late on in the day.

The BVWS table shifted about two tons of stuff today.
Quite a lot of it just after early 9am entry including the HUGE Cossor pre war TV for £4000!
A rare KB console, Marconi radiogram and an HMV chair side model 655 which we had working all day. The PYE D16T which was restored gave a fantastic picture for many hours.

A great day of chatting to people and selling.

Shock of the day, I saw an Hacker RV20 Mayflower II priced at £225.00
If it sold at all, and YOU bought it, do contact me for the six of them I have here in the store... Ha Ha Ha...

Mike...
Old 12th May 2019, 11:58 pm   #33
ianj
Heptode

Enjoyed it ; bought so.e back Bulletins ; drank tea and chinwagged. Was tempted by a Dynatron Elan and a Hacker Herald, both immaculate for £20 each...
But no- slimmed stuff right down now so no more!
Have a jukebox now in one of the lounges, and 6 nice Pre-War valve sets dotted around..
Old 13th May 2019, 8:48 am   #34
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: NVCF Warwickshire Sunday 12th May

Many thanks to the team for another excellent event. Even the weather was good again. I came away with the Pye D16T. I have been after one for a long time and do see it working with a bright stable picture was an added bonus. I bought a Bush tabletop transistor radio for £5 on the bring and buy which looks interesting plus a nice Art Deco chrome and wood mantle clock.
I saw the note that the cash machine may not be there from next year which is a shame as I think the nearest one in that area would be several miles away.

Christopher Capener
Old 13th May 2019, 9:10 am   #35
vinylspinner
Hexode

I also had a very pleasant afternoon. It was nice to catch up with a few old friends and also meet a few other members that I hadn’t met before.

A big thanks to all involved in organising this each year.

Nigel
Old 13th May 2019, 9:38 am   #36
ajs37
Heptode

And thanks from me to all who made it an enjoyable day! I think there were fewer customers and fewer stalls than before, but it did make it easier to move around! May it continue for many years - great venue!
Andy
Old 13th May 2019, 12:30 pm   #37
Andrewausfa
Octode

Mike,

There were two Mayflowers priced at over £200. There were quite a number of other optimistically priced items amidst the bargains.

I had a look inside that Cossor TV while the buyer(?) had the back off, quite amazing to see the technology first hand.
Old 13th May 2019, 12:56 pm   #38
Beobloke
Heptode

I'd like to echo everyone's thanks as it was another superb day out.

Those who know me will be utterly unsurprised that I bought a turntable, and I curse the BVWS B&B stall for its temptations - in the end I miserably failed to resist an immaculate example of the very first cassette deck I ever owned, for £1!
Old 13th May 2019, 6:43 pm   #39
harvestgold
Hexode

I'd like to add my thanks to to the organisers and, particularly the team on the bring & buy stall.

Everything I put up for sale sold for my asking price and all the stuff I donated went too, so I went back home with an empty car, except for the 51 LPs I bought from the B&B, oh, and the 26 10" 78s and large box of 8" & 9" 78s from the nearby record stall! Bargain of the day was the job lot of CDs for £1 (predominantly Bing Crosby) and also for good measure 2 old Dymo printers, again, from the B&B.

I also noticed the reduction in stalls and number of visitors, but hopefully this was only a temporary thing. I wonder if all the road closues around Birmingham etc. for that bike event put off a lot of casual visitors from nearby?

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to the next one

Neil.

P.S. I really wanted to be driving home in that Brimar Morris van. . .
Old 13th May 2019, 6:53 pm   #40
GrimJosef
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
... Those who know me will be utterly unsurprised that I bought a turntable ...
I'm slightly surprised. Had you bought half a dozen turntables I'd have been less so ... .

Cheers,

GJ