UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Feb 2016, 11:02 am   #1
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default 40th Anniversary BVWS Bulletin

I have just received my Bulletin, not had time to have a read. One thing to watch out for, my Membership card was tucked in the last page. Looks like another excellent read. Thank you to all the people that have help writing and producing it.

John.
Old 6th Feb 2016, 7:31 pm   #2
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: 40th Anniversary BVWS Bulletin

Yes John, another top notch issue with a wide variety of articles. As always, Carl Glover has done a first class job with the layout of the text and pictures. Pleased to see an article by Gary Tempest on the Murphy A98 as I've had one for some years awaiting attention, so that might spur me on! Interesting to see Brimar is back in business with a range of fourteen new production valves, as well as quantities of N.O.S valves for radios and TVs.

Receiving the Bulletin jogged my memory to book overnight accommodation for the NVCF, on Sunday May 15 and will feature an exhibition of members radios entitled '40 Years of the BVWS'.
Old 6th Feb 2016, 8:06 pm   #3
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Bit of a pain about the new VAT rule (see "From the chair").
Old 6th Feb 2016, 10:19 pm   #4
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 oldjohn View Post
One thing to watch out for, my Membership card was tucked in the last page.
Thanks for the tip. I have now retrieved it before it had the chance to drop out somewhere awkward.
Old 7th Feb 2016, 7:17 pm   #5
ukcol
Rest in Peace

At the end of Stef Niewiadomski's article on the Alba C112 there is a link to a Philips pdf document on Frank Philipse's site called "Data and Circuits of Receiver and Amplifier Valves".

I couldn't get the link to work but found it by putting the document title into Google.
Closed Thread