UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jan 2016, 3:18 pm   #61
Nymrod121
Octode

Default Re: Disposal of equipment - for charity - Manchester

The operating manual (*not* service) for the Iso-Tech triple-output power supplier can be found at:

https://bkpmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/do...51A_manual.pdf

Other than a poor photocopy of a faxed specification, an operating and/or service manual for the Blackstar 'Jupiter 2000' function generator seems to be unobtainable at this time. Unless anyone knows different ... ?

KeithsTV has previously made available the user manual for the 'Jupiter 500' model: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...0&postcount=27

Best wishes

Guy

Last edited by Nymrod121; 7th Jan 2016 at 3:23 pm. Reason: add note re Jupiter 500
Old 8th Jan 2016, 7:06 pm   #62
mark_in_manc
Octode

Keep those PMs (or indeed posts to this thread) coming folks - more here to buy!

When I get a minute I'll get busy with the camera to try to drum up some more business. Remember it's all for a good cause.

Thanks to everyone who has already bought something, and to those who've been so prompt in coming and collecting it.
Old 8th Jan 2016, 8:00 pm   #63
electronwilly
Hexode

Location: Westerhope, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, UK.

Hi Mark, I think you should consider some older members of this forum who contribute to this forum but cant afford these prices. Its not all about money. Poor people dont respond.

Last edited by electronwilly; 8th Jan 2016 at 8:11 pm.
Old 8th Jan 2016, 8:17 pm   #64
Nymrod121
Octode

I believe the last line of the original post (18th December) covers this aspect.
Best wishes
Guy
Old 8th Jan 2016, 8:31 pm   #65
mark_in_manc
Octode

Thanks Electronwilly, and thanks Guy. OK, we've had a good go at (I hope) less-than-web-auction prices, and a fair bit had been sold - many thanks to all. That point which Guy helpfully points out in post #1 is still pertinent, and today I was pleased to sell the Ferrograph in response to an offer by PM, as I invited.

If anyone would like to make offers on anything then feel free (by PM, as requested by our moderator). I'll weigh up how much I hope to collect for charity, how much of anything I have left, what level of discount starts to enthuse me about engaging in the world of internet auctions - and respond accordingly!

Mods - I have more to list and this thread is big already. Would you like me to list a few things-per-thread (with appropriate ID in the title to make browsing easy) or continue to add to this jumble sale ?
Old 8th Jan 2016, 10:09 pm   #66
Brian R Pateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_in_manc View Post
Mods - I have more to list and this thread is big already. Would you like me to list a few things-per-thread (with appropriate ID in the title to make browsing easy) or continue to add to this jumble sale ?
Yes Mark, that would be the tidiest way I think.

Forum moderator.
Old 9th Jan 2016, 2:20 pm   #67
mark_in_manc
Octode

OK Brian - if I may leave this thread open whilst folks who have asked for things come for them, but I'll add nothing new to it (whilst welcoming more enquiries from potential charitable donors for what is here listed!).

Meanwhile I'll take some photos and plan something a bit more organised - this was all started in a big rush just before Christmas.

Thanks
Mark
Old 9th Jan 2016, 4:03 pm   #68
stuart_morgan_64
Hexode

I am interested in the Crown DC300, I can collect too. Thanks
Old 9th Jan 2016, 6:29 pm   #69
mark_in_manc
Octode

Hi Stuart -

I'm afraid somewhere mid-thread this got sold, but thanks for your interest. Ferrograph, Pemco, B&K FFT and mic MX also gone.

cheers
Mark
Old 12th Jan 2016, 5:54 pm   #70
mark_in_manc
Octode

Well, this afternoon we passed 600 for Christian Aid, and there are several deliveries gone to the south for which folks will be sending cheques on top of this running total. Thanks for all your help and interest so far - I have been really encouraged by the whole thing, and met a lot of nice people. Keep the PMs coming!

cheers
Mark
Old 13th Jan 2016, 5:19 pm   #71
John Caswell
Hexode

Mark,
you have a PM

John
Old 13th Jan 2016, 9:50 pm   #72
mark_in_manc
Octode

Ok folks, 60 meg scopes are now spoken for (unless anyone reconsiders), but plenty of 20 meg ones still here. Orders still outstanding (and where I'm not sure yet about pickup - others are working out things with family and friends) are:

John Byrne - sig gen and PSU - would you like to re-arrange pickup?
Roger M0TDM - PSU - let me know when your car's fixed!
Kentode - two scopes - hope your flood situation is getting sorted - let me know when you can come over.
Mole42UK - 60 meg scope - Guy has some stuff for you, and could add this to it on his next trip?
Sean Williams - sig gen and PSU - any ideas about delivery? Is putting it on a truck going south (Guy) any use to you?
Vinylspinner - Sig gen - add to the PSU Guy has for you?
John Caswell - 20 meg scope
Jeffrey abb - 60 meg scope, sig gen - hopefully this will create an opportunity for folks in the NE to get something collected.

Please PM me with your thoughts on the above!

Phew...
cheers
Mark
Old 13th Jan 2016, 10:29 pm   #73
Nymrod121
Octode

Just to confirm I'm hoping to do another visit some time in between 16 - 31/1/16 ...
Route is M42/M5/M6 outward (early a.m. start to dodge the worst of the traffic) then returning same day albeit using M6 Toll.
There's some flexibility (e.g. intermediate stops/small diversions) and I will be visiting Essex during February (Chelmsford area) so that may help Sean as well as Valvepower ...
If I can help anyone else I will ...
Best wishes
Guy
Old 14th Jan 2016, 12:06 pm   #74
Nymrod121
Octode

An update: I'll be calling on Mark next Tuesday (19th), so if anyone has need of FCS arrangements as per my last post ... ?

Best wishes
Guy
Old 15th Jan 2016, 10:42 pm   #75
Jeffreyabb
Pentode

I'm going down to Mark to pick up a couple of items. If anyone in the North East is interested in the gear, but can't collect it, I'm willing to bring back for collection from the Durham area.
Jeff
Old 15th Jan 2016, 10:52 pm   #76
Roger-M0TDM
Pentode

I'm travelling over to Mark next Tuesday if anyone in the South Yorkshire area would like anything collecting /holding then please drop me a pm.
Regards Roger-M0TDM.
Old 16th Jan 2016, 12:31 pm   #77
mark_in_manc
Octode

Nigel (vinylspinner) adds:

"If there is gear that needs to go to Bristol and beyond along the M4 to Reading way, I would be happy to transport it on if Guy is happy taking it to Worcester next week."

So if you're along the M4 and have been wondering about buying something, now's the time!

Thanks Nigel.
Old 16th Jan 2016, 1:14 pm   #78
vinylspinner
Pentode

There is also the BVWS auction at RWB on the 7th Feb. I would be happy to hold items for members here who are going on the day.

Nigel
Old 16th Jan 2016, 5:40 pm   #79
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Mark, is the Wolke wow and flutter meter still available and are there any test records, tapes to go with it; is there a second B&K FFT meter or Level recorder left ?

I've only jumped in now on my return from hols, and the fact the Jeff Abb is coming down your way

Thanks gents,

Ed
Old 16th Jan 2016, 6:19 pm   #80
mark_in_manc
Octode

Hi Ed

Pretty sure there are no more B&K level recorders (I'll check) and there was only one B&K FFT which has gone. I do have 4 aged B&K 2203 sound level meters, none of which work I think, if you have a particular interest in acoustics gear - I guess I don't need them all - and I think one of the big 1/3OB filter sets which attach to the bottom of the meter.

Wow and flutter meter is still here. It appears (I should know, I once used it for a lab as an undergrad!) to generate a 3150Hz tone via an internal oscillator to some jack plugs, which suggests one records this tone onto a tape and then plays it back into the device. We may have used it with a B&K test record too - I can't remember. I've sold B&K test records QR2009 and QR2010 already at 15 each, and I have one more QR2010 and three more QR2009 if anyone else is interested.

Feel free to PM me an offer for any of the above which are of interest - all for Christian Aid.

cheers
Mark
Closed Thread