UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2021, 12:39 pm   #1
amaxama
Diode

Default Dynatron HFC 11 repair help needed

So i recently bought a Dynatron HFC 11 at an auction and it has come with a few problems.

I heave searched everywhere to try and find a post on how to fix it but i have only found one post to do with anything about this player.

So the problems are that one of the speaker ports doesn't work and when you change the volume it makes a loud staticy sound for a bit.

I was just going to jump in and take it apart to see if i could find the problem but i cant tell where i can get in.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
Old 11th May 2021, 1:46 pm   #2
Restoration73
Nonode

Default Re: Dynatron HFC 11 repair help needed

The first thing is to purchase the service manual and support this site;

https://www.service-data.com/section.php/1826/1/hfc11
Old 11th May 2021, 2:35 pm   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron HFC 11 repair help needed

I suspect that one of the output channels has failed and this will be nothing to do with the speaker sockets per se. It's a very commom fault on these.

Do you get both channels on headphones?

Do you get both channels on radio, but not on gram?

The noisy volume control can usually be fixed by spray cleaning with Servisol 10. From the wording used in your post, I am not quite sure what experience you may have in Vintage Electronics. At this stage do not poke about inside it. A visual inspection may not reveal much to you unless you know what to look out for.

Can you read a circuit diagram and take voltage measurements?

Please kindly advise us.