UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 4th Jun 2021, 10:02 am   #1
hayerjoe
Pentode

Default E-Clip size for Garrard Autoslim idler wheel?

Hi

Just had my e-clip disintegrate when trying to refit it to the top of a Garrard Autoslim record changer idler wheel. The bits flew off everywhere so I don't know what size it was. Anybody know it's size? it's on a 3.5mm shaft (so not same as a BSR) so probably a tiny bit less, but what size should I get? would it even be metric?

Checked the service manual and unhelpfully no mention of the size. 34 page manual and they couldnt be bothered adding the size in brackets on the parts list view - dammit!

cheers
Joe
hayerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2021, 10:34 am   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: E-Clip size for Garrard Autoslim idler wheel?

It wouldn't do to describe a part adequately in a service manual- one might be tempted not to buy it from the manufacturer of the equipment!
.........O..Chris....O
Herald1360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2021, 11:08 am   #3
hayerjoe
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald1360 View Post
It wouldn't do to describe a part adequately in a service manual- one might be tempted not to buy it from the manufacturer of the equipment!
Indeed. But with that attitude they should have made their e-clips last more than a miserly 70 years!
Old 5th Jun 2021, 1:03 am   #4
hayerjoe
Pentode

I found a good engineers site with a sizing chart.

For people looking for this answer in the future the e-clip size required is 2.3mm (internal size)

Last edited by hayerjoe; 5th Jun 2021 at 1:24 am. Reason: added 'internal size'