UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 4th Jun 2021, 10:48 pm   #1
tracypaper
Octode

Default Pioneer PL-930 help

Got this deck which has a slight problem in that the tone arm lands a few mm past the landing groove and plays music instantly. I can not for the life of me see any way how to adjust?
does any body know?
Cheers.
Gaz.
tracypaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2021, 7:23 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Pioneer PL-930 help

Gaz: The Service Manual for this is available as a free download from Vinyl Engine. This may help with the adjustment needed.
Old 5th Jun 2021, 10:09 am   #3
tracypaper
Octode

Looked at downloading manuals but they only seem to show you how to set the tracking weight, but as it was late, I will look again.
Thanks Edward.

Last edited by tracypaper; 5th Jun 2021 at 10:10 am. Reason: typo.
Old 5th Jun 2021, 11:39 am   #4
vidjoman
Nonode

The manuals I found are very basic and didn’t show any adjustments.
What is down the hole left of the arm pivot point? Some pictures showed a grommet and others just a hole, there might be an adjustment screw inside.
Otherwise you’ll have to carefully watch the mechanism underneath to see what stops it at the dropping point.
vidjoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2021, 7:16 pm   #5
tracypaper
Octode

I thought about that hole in the side overnight and had look this morning, you can see a mechanism move with the tone arm and what looks like a screw head in it, tried to turn it but it wouldn't budge.
Will have to go back in (had it open for another fault that weren't) so may be I have nudged something.
Gaz.
Old 5th Jun 2021, 9:38 pm   #6
tracypaper
Octode

Thinking about what vidjoman had said I thought it had to be that hole, otherwise why was it there. The screw head I mentioned above is the adjuster, I just didn't have the special Pioneer tool to turn it. I managed in the end with a flat head screwdriver that just fit down the hole, took some doing but with a bit of force here and there it's all hunky dory to quote a Bowie LP.
Thanks.
Gaz.