UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Apr 2016, 11:17 am   #1
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile B8A valves in a French radio.

Hi,
Just out of curiosity, I spotted a typically French radio yesterday which had B8A valves in it, except for the ECH81. I've never seen this before, as they usually contain B9As or B7Gs (sometimes also with an ECH81).
For some reason, I assumed B8A valves as being 'Typically British'. But, of course, they're not...
or are they?

Cheers, Pete.
Old 11th Apr 2016, 12:21 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: B8A valves in a French radio.

Philips certainly made them and they're European/multinational so why not?

I wouldn't be surprised to find anything in a postwar French set- mine has an eclectic mix of B7G, B9A and octal.
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread