UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2021, 11:24 pm   #1
pmmunro
Octode

Default Technical description of the marconi-e.m.i. System of television

Please accept my apologies if this topic has been discussed within the forum in the last few years.

Some years ago, possibly ten or more, I was interested in finding a copy of a book or manual describing the original EMI/Marconi system of television which I knew had been held in the libraries of various BBC establishments.

Eventually I found a copy in the IET archives and made some preliminary enquiries, I think in this forum, about interest in possible facimile copies; it seems a number of people were, but I can find the thread in which it was discussed.

While looking for other information today I found the site linked here http://www.bbceng.info/ti/marconi-emi-tv.htm which offers exactly whay I was looking for. I hope this may be of interest to others.

PMM
Old 14th May 2021, 11:41 pm   #2
fetteler
Octode

Default Re: Technical description of the marconi-e.m.i. System of television

Lovely

Steve
Old 15th May 2021, 8:42 am   #3
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Re: Technical description of the marconi-e.m.i. System of television

I tried to tie the sections of the Birkinshaw's "Black Book" to the block diagram here.

There is also The London Television Service.

and an IEE paper "The Marconi-EMI Television System" written by Blumlein, Browne, Davis and Green, 21st April 1938.

Peter

Last edited by peter_scott; 15th May 2021 at 8:49 am.
Closed Thread