UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2021, 3:25 pm   #1
bikelectro
Pentode

Default Bush MCD07DAB micro “hifi”

Just wandering might anybody have a schematic for the main power/amplifier PCB of this. I have a new cheap laser coming for it, but also it has three big blue buttons which light up - these are intermittent and it is so hard to get at to see to try to trace it. The LED array work fine when powered from a bench supply so the fault is on the board. If i had the circuit i would see where they were powered from and connect it on somewhere else easily or even on the power pin of the output IC. I cannot even see what that is without major disassembly, otherwise i could look up the data sheet and power from there via suitable resistor, only need about three volts.
I’m doing this for a friend and he really likes it, although old it sounds pretty good, so trying to save it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	952EAAAE-91C4-4252-BAC9-74731915A7CA.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	233787  
Old 11th May 2021, 3:51 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush MCD07DAB micro “hifi”

I wish you well in your search for service information. From experience I have found that the Chinese made Bush, Alba, Goodmans type badged products, were not really user, or for that matter, return to base, serviceable. The poliicy was that if it's still within Warranty it just gets replaced and after that - ziltch..... You may need to do it the hard way by signal/voltage tracing. The Boards on these are very densly packed and a 12x glass can often help.
Old 11th May 2021, 7:44 pm   #3
bikelectro
Pentode

Thanks, but it is just too awkward to dismantle further to trace and to much risk!
After I’m sure the new laser works, I’ll find the supply pin of the stereo output chip and try to take off there via a resistor.
I can find very little online or even find a clone.
Old 11th May 2021, 8:28 pm   #4
Sideband
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikelectro View Post
although old it sounds pretty good, so trying to save it.
...and your definition of 'old' is...??
Old 11th May 2021, 9:23 pm   #5
bikelectro
Pentode

Well old for a cheap modern product I meant! It’s from about 2005. Anyway, I hope I get the cd going. It’s the sort of set that is horrible to work on.
Old 16th May 2021, 12:35 pm   #6
bikelectro
Pentode

Success, the new pattern laser is working a treat, and in the end I took 12 volts off the supply to the cassette motor via a 1 K resistor has the display LED’s at a nice brightness.
Old 16th May 2021, 12:50 pm   #7
Herald1360
Dekatron

Nice one!

Worthy of a mention here:

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=170605

I reckon
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread