UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2010, 11:51 pm   #1
amanitavirosa
Triode

Default Dulci replacement radiogram chassis

I just purchased from a Dulci replacement radiogram chassis. It is a small chassis with FM and a magic eye. The valve next to the transformer which I assume was the rectifier was damage in transit. I have emailed the seller but does anyone have a circuit diagram for this model or can anyone suggest a replacement rectifier
Old 1st Jun 2010, 12:12 am   #2
DangerMan
Heptode

Default Re: Dulci replacement radiogram chassis

If you can post a picture or two it will make things easier... even a photo of what's left of the damaged valve might help.
Otherwise, what are the other valves that are used ? If the unit has a single EL84 output valve an EZ80 rectifier is likely to have been used in a VHF chassis.
If it has two EL84's either in push-pull or as a stereo amplifier, then an EZ81 is more likely... but these guesses are not based on any facts !
It's quite possible that the rectifier isn't a valve, in which case the broken one would be something quite different.
Pete

Last edited by DangerMan; 1st Jun 2010 at 12:25 am.
Old 1st Jun 2010, 7:51 am   #3
fidobsa
Retired Dormant Member

See also this thread:
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ighlight=Dulci
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 12:53 am   #4
amanitavirosa
Triode

I'll sort out a picture tomorrow
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 11:03 pm   #5
amanitavirosa
Triode

I took 2 pictures but I cant find a way to upload them. I think now its just a FM tuner. Valves are EABC80, 2 x EF89, ECC85 magic eye and broken rectifier.
Old 4th Jun 2010, 6:49 pm   #6
DangerMan
Heptode

How many pins are there on the rectifier socket ?
A 6X4 (alias EZ90) was often found in stand-alone VHF tuners, and has 7 pins.
If there are 9 pins it's most likely an EZ80.
If you look here: http://www.r-type.org/static/valves.htm , you will find photgraphs which you can compare with the remains of your valve, and pin connections which you can compare with your chassis.

Pete
Old 7th Jun 2010, 1:39 pm   #7
amanitavirosa
Triode

Hi
I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you It has 7 pins no glass except by the pins, 2 vertical plates and 2 mica or plastic plate supports 1 top and 1 bottom the plates seem to have a central support which is formed into the plate itself. The damage is quite severe, it looks like it's been stamped on. It was advertised as a radio which fired up but no sound output. Perhaps they didn't realize it was a tuner. I can't see how the valve could have come loose and done that much damage while it was packed up, even the plates are bent out of shape. I'll order up an EZ90 and try and see if that does the trick.
Closed Thread