UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jun 2022, 8:02 pm   #21
mole42uk
Nonode

Default Re: Tektronic 2465 failure

Further testing this afternoon reveals that there is nothing too awry on the regulator board. I can't make full tests because it needs both ±15V and ±5V to get the regulators working, and my supplies will only manage one or other....

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Old 11th Jun 2022, 11:48 pm   #22
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

If the current taken off the ±5 V and the ±15 V rails isn't too great you can use one or two of those cheap little "LM317/LM337 Adjustable PSU DIY Kits", available either in kit form if you like making things, or ready–built – you can use your bench supply to provide the ± 15 V then feed the "AC–0–AC" input terminals of the dual PSU module from the positive, centre–tap and negative terminals of your bench PSU and set the module to give ±5 V by means of the trimmers on it!

If this isn't feasible because the common 0V points of the ±5 V and ±15 V connect to different potentials, two of these modules will meet your needs if you use two 15–0–15V transformers (cheap 5 W ones will do!), one per PSU module!

If the above isn't clear I'll append a drawing when I've got time to do one!

Chris Williams
Old 12th Jun 2022, 7:18 am   #23
mole42uk
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole42uk View Post
Good news! The specification for T1020 is in the manual - it's a 13mH common-mode choke at 0.5A so I've ordered a replacement. Much easier than rewinding the dead one....
Even better news is that qservice.eu has the correct Tek part - 120.1244.00 - in stock for €5. I'd tried rewinding the coil but without taking the ferrite apart I couldn't thread the wire with enough density to get close to the required inductance (I got 8mH instead of 13mH). The two alternatives I tried were either too tall to didn't fit the PCB so I'm very happy to have the correct part on the way.

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Closed Thread