UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jun 2022, 5:01 pm   #1
Tractionist
Heptode

Default Gordon Russell Design Museum

(Mods - hope this is posted in the correct place ....)

The Gordon Russell Design Museum is located in a Cotswold Stone building in the village of Broadway - it features many fine examples of his 'Arts & Crafts' furniture .... all beautifully constructed and displayed.

However, of even greater interest to the Brethren on this forum are the many 'mint' examples of his Brother Dick's [AKA R.D. Russell] cabinet designs (complete with chassis/workings i.e. radios!) commissioned by Frank Murphy.

These radios are so handsome and 'minimal' - they actually look '21stC Modern'. All the sets are in beautiful condition and the veneers are truly luminescent/radiant.

So: if you're in that neck of the woods .... spend an hour or so in there - and then clamber up to The Tower/Folly ... prior to partaking in afternoon tea!
Old 8th Jun 2022, 7:11 pm   #2
Rich Woods
Hexode

Default Re: Gordon Russell Design Museum

There used to be a rather nice pre war TV too in the collection, and a couple of nice Murphy Bat Wing sets. I’m not sure if they are on display in the Museum, I worked for the parent company for a while in the late 90’s when the Broadway site was still making office furniture and the Museum such as it was back then was part of the showroom.
Old 8th Jun 2022, 7:14 pm   #3
Panrock
Nonode

Seem to remember years ago I had a hand in restoring some of those radios.

Steve
Old 8th Jun 2022, 8:12 pm   #4
Tractionist
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panrock View Post
Seem to remember years ago I had a hand in restoring some of those radios.

Steve
It's either your handiwork Steve - or they've just come off the production line!