UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jul 2018, 4:37 pm   #21
barrymagrec
Octode

Default Re: Cassette Playing Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseymo1 View Post
I believe that some commercial cassettes were made using a system which brought the master into contact with the duplicate under pressure, with no electronics (in 'our' sense) involved. Can't remember the details though.
I think experiments were made with a very high coercivity master in oxide to oxide contact with the copy running past a bias field (basically). I don`t know if it was developed into a commercial system though.
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 10:49 pm   #22
19Seventy7
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseymo1 View Post
At worst, if it is damaged elsewhere you could in theory splice in that section from the other one (that will test your skill - good luck!)
Yeah, its alright though, as ive ordered this new one, I'm just going to leave this tape for now, I played it a couple of times and the play head seemed to have flattened some creases as a song that dropped out in places doesn't drop out at all.
Old 15th Jul 2018, 8:49 pm   #23
ben
Dekatron

You are lucky in that the tape in question is simply a compilation reissue of well known rock and roll songs. So the material is easy to find again. There are many similar compilations around of songs of that era, such as the American Graffiti soundtrack. Something to fall back on if your new tape doesn't play well enough! Another option: You can connect your tape recorder to the PC's audio output and simply record the tracks featured on your compilation tape that you like, as you play them on you tube.
Closed Thread