UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Apr 2019, 7:52 pm   #1
Sparticate7990
Triode

Default Pioneer H-R99 Advice

Evening All,

I have managed to get myself a Pioneer H-R99 from a international seller which supports multi-voltage,

It works very well, but tape playback sounds fast to my ears, the voltage on the back I set to 240V, would you all think this is correct, or would I be better with 220V due to the age of the equipment?

As a side question, does anyone know of anywhere in the UK they can recommend to service the unit itself and some 8 track tapes I have?

Many thanks,

Rylan
Old 5th Apr 2019, 10:45 am   #2
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: Pioneer H-R99 Advice

You can get the manufacturer's Service Manual from Hi-Fi Engine F.O.C. if that helps. All you have to do is register with them.

Here's the direct link: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...er/h-r99.shtml

Hope this helps & if you want one, you can also download the User Manual too.