UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Nov 2015, 12:50 pm   #1
Bixxer Bob
Retired Dormant Member

Default Roberts R707 Aerial

Hi folks, new to the site and only have a basic understanding of radios, although my soldering skills are good and like for like replacements are within reach. However, none of those will be needed today for what is, I hope, a simple question.

I have a Roberts R707 which I bought recently for a measly £2 (I love old Roberts stuff, especially when they're cheap). It's been messed about by prior owners but still works so I'd like to fill the ugly hole in the console with a new telescopic aerial. I obtained a replacement for less than £5 and thought all I'd need to do was fit it. Again, no problem; except the clip with the purple wire that fits to the aerial that I expected to find inside is missing. I can easily overcome this if someone can tell me where the purple wire would be soldered to the circiut board (or internal aerial bar, I don't know). Doh, so I will need the soldering skills after all.

A good description, or better still a photo would be great thanks.

By the way, I've read that these R707s run on two 6v batteries, but mine has a mains lead, a transformer and a secondary, removable, plywood rail on which it is mounted.

Thanks for help in advance
Old 29th Nov 2015, 3:10 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: Roberts R707 Aerial

An ERT service sheet is available from http://www.service-data.com/product....08/7346/e15708
I have not looked the sheet but it should give you an idea on where the aerial connection goes.
Just so you know the money helps to run this forum.
Frank
Old 30th Nov 2015, 1:49 pm   #3
Bixxer Bob
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks Frank, I'll have a look.
Old 30th Nov 2015, 2:10 pm   #4
Bixxer Bob
Retired Dormant Member

I bought the service sheet; the diagram shows the aerial connecting to SW2 and also to the external aerial socket via a 22p cap so the switch is where I'll look. thanks again for your help.
Closed Thread