UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 27th Oct 2020, 4:37 pm   #1
timfrogb
Diode

Default KW Vanguard & Hallicrafters SX140. FOC.

I have joined this forum in an attempt to find a good home for the items above, which have been kept most of their life in an attic, unused since the mid-1960s.

The KW Vanguard looks much as it did back then, but obviously would need work to bring it back to life. It can be collected by arrangement from near Marlborough, or you can perhaps find a 'courier'. The sx140 has not fared so well; the case is very rusty and I would not trust any of the components. Perhaps the four valves have survived, and I would be happy to post these to someone who could use them, if the complete unit has to be treated as expired.

I am not asking for money; my goal is to save them from the 'metals' skip at the local tip if they are of any use to someone here. If whoever takes one of these thinks it has a monetary value when seen, please consider making a donation to your own favourite charity as 'payment'.
timfrogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2020, 6:02 pm   #2
Pamphonica
Octode

Default Re: KW Vanguard & Hallicrafters SX140. FOC.

I would be very interested in the Vanguard. I have its small sibling the Valiant and would love to restore its big brother!
I'll drop you a PM.
many thanks
-Jeremy
Old 27th Oct 2020, 8:58 pm   #3
mickm3for
Hexode

I'd love to give a loving home to the SX140 and restore same, would need to post, would cover cost.

Thanks, Mick.
mickm3for is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2020, 10:33 pm   #4
timfrogb
Diode

It looks as if I have a keen taker for each item! Thanks to both! I will confirm that this thread can be closed in due course.
timfrogb is offline   Reply With Quote