UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Dec 2020, 4:27 am   #1
majoconz
Heptode

Default Ferrograph model 4

Hi guys,
This Ferrograph is up for sale on our local web auction for a mere NZ$50 say UKĀ£26 - it looks to be in excellent condition but he says he thinks it is a 1959 model 4A however I think it's a much earlier model than that. The big control knob is the same as the ones on the front panel and it doesn't have the little clock-face counter, just a numbered scale which I assume gives a very rough idea of a number. The nearest I can find is a Series 2 but the illustration of that does have the clock counter - any got any clues? If I do take the plunge (its at the other end of the country!) what could possibly go wrong apart from the usual dried out electrolytics and out of tolerance resistors - any manuals available? I would hate to try to set the levels etc without a manual!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferrograph series .jpg
Views:	92
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	222446  
Old 13th Dec 2020, 7:49 am   #2
barrymagrec
Octode

Default Re: Ferrograph model 4

Looks like a 2A to me.
Old 13th Dec 2020, 11:15 am   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

2A manual on hifiengine, maybe elsewhere also.

David
Old 13th Dec 2020, 8:22 pm   #4
majoconz
Heptode

Thanks for that info. It would be an interesting purchase and keep me occupied for weeks! However, I do have an Akai GX4000DB which is working well and a whole lot of music converted to MP3's on a spare computer - so I think I'll let someone else have a bargain.