UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Mar 2017, 3:57 pm   #21
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Decca CS2030

Hi
It's the one just to the left of the chroma delay line - the small coil is near it. It won't need much of an adjustment, but you do need colour bars or a red raster to get it accurate.
Glyn
Old 19th Mar 2017, 9:41 pm   #22
Philips210
Nonode

Hi

I agree about the Hanover blinds being noticeable on the these sets and thinking back I did find it tricky to eliminate them completely. When it was broadcast, I found it was best to use Test card G (a variation on the Philips PM5544 test pattern). The brackets were the best areas to show up delay line, phase, and matrixing errors. I later acquired a Philips PM5508 pattern generator which produces patterns for delay, phase and matrix checks, a really useful pattern generator for decoder alignment.

Regards
Symon.

Last edited by Philips210; 19th Mar 2017 at 9:44 pm. Reason: typo
Old 20th Mar 2017, 7:27 pm   #23
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Thanks chaps for the pointers, I'll give it a go when I get chance, house is upside down at the moment as we have the decorators in.

Cheers