UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Oct 2016, 5:37 pm   #21
philips KT3
Triode

Default Re: Sony TC-377 reel to reel, help needed please

Thanks again Dave for even more kind words You mentioned before about your motor.I guess you know that they have two tiny oiling points.Gerard
Old 27th Oct 2016, 5:42 pm   #22
TonyDuell
Dekatron

With reference to post #13, I remember my father bought a radio tuner (I think it was Pioneer) in the mid 1970s. It had a couple of such sockets on the back with an officially moulded plastic cover over them (held on by screws, maybe the screws that held the sockets in place too). On the cover was a label which read something like 'Do not remove this cover. Outlet not legal in the UK'.

So I assume there was some safety standard that came in that said connectors didn't meet.
Old 27th Oct 2016, 5:55 pm   #23
Radio Wrangler

I think the change was simply the sudden realisation that the things were only rated for 110v and that the pins were not sleeved.

Gerard, you sound like any of the regulars on here. That's as good a criterion for fitting in as I think there can be. You have useful knowledge in some areas, and from time to time you'll ask for a steer in other areas... just like the rest of us... Welcome!

David
Old 27th Oct 2016, 8:55 pm   #24
RAWrat77
Diode

Again, thanks everyone for all the posts, this is certainly a place of vast knowledge !! I found a fella on youtube restoring a TC-377 & to put it mildly I think I'm out of my depth trying to restore this beautiful looking model. I would be out of my depth. I have a couple of 1970's and 80's radio/cassettes players to sharpen my teeth on and build some confidence.
Old 28th Oct 2016, 11:55 am   #25
philips KT3
Triode

Many thanks Dave in Fife, for those kind words ,which I probably would never have seen but for the fact that I have just noticed page numbers at the bottom right of the page. There is so much to learn about using the forum. A couple of weeks ago I asked my first question. I needed advice re the Sony motors running very hot. I had lots of comments but nothing definite. 8 motors now running at 125deg F so I conclude that must be normal. So I will look back at the pages then perhaps find page 2 or more with other advice. I am now going to try asking for advice on my TC366 working on one channel but also loud screetching from both. Prbpably turn out to be a small cap but not looking forward to it.

Regards, Gerard.
Closed Thread