UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Nov 2013, 3:05 pm   #1
Radio novice
Retired Dormant Member

Default Free. Collection of vintage radio & TV spares & test kit

We are in the process of clearing the home of a man who was a ham radio and TV repair fan. There is a fair sized collection of vintage spare parts and test equipment, the purpose of which is mostly unknown to me.

It would be a shame to throw this collection away if it is useful to vintage radio enthusiasts or a Club.

The collection is in Yarm, which is not far from Stockton-on-Tees. Ideally I am looking for someone who would want all the items and could pick them up.

Please contact me directly or on this forum if you are interested or have questions.

Steve
Old 5th Nov 2013, 4:34 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Free collection of vintage radio & TV spares & test kit

It would help if you could have some photos taken and post them here, and also estimate how much bulk is involved (car boot, small hatchback, large estate, Transit van etc).

Thanks for not just chucking everything in a skip, which I know is a temptation at times like these.
Old 5th Nov 2013, 8:51 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Steve, I live at Newcastle and have access to a Transit sized van, so may be able to help. Please also look out for books and magazines as these can be very useful.

Best regards, Ed
Old 6th Nov 2013, 11:22 am   #4
Radio novice
Retired Dormant Member

Ed,

Thanks for your reply. There are some books and magazines too. We are looking for you to take everything in one go and sort through it at your leisure as I am sure you can find good homes for much of it, is that OK with you? If so, I will be at the house Monday Nov 11 afternoon and evening and Tuesday morning. Can you come then?

Regards
Steve
Old 6th Nov 2013, 10:08 pm   #5
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Free. Collection of vintage radio & TV spares & test kit

Hi Steve, thanks for that.
Monday afternoon about 2 to 3 pm should be fine as I will not be able to make the Tue.
Can you PM me the details of address etc (or click on my name and go to "send PM" and you can also e-mail me directly. You can also give me contact numbers.

Many thanks, Ed
Closed Thread