UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Aug 2013, 2:15 pm   #1
bondy01
Retired Dormant Member

Default IBA technical reviews

Some of you could be interested in these books that the IBA produced in the 70's and 80's. They are now on www.ntlpa.org.uk under memorabilia.
Old 8th Aug 2013, 5:11 pm   #2
beamcurrent
Heptode

Default Re: IBA technical reviews

The IBA Tech reviews are a good source of data and it is excellent that they are now on line.

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
Old 18th Aug 2013, 10:30 pm   #3
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

I have a selection of these saved from the skip, very interesting reading. The BBC R&D publications can also be found online (not got the link to hand)

My Blog - http://g7mrv.blogspot.com
Old 19th Aug 2013, 9:54 am   #4
Alex728
Retired Dormant Member

Nice find and respect to all the IBA/NTL staff who have preserved them. Although technology advances, operational techniques and quality control are still relevant today and much is actually of current use to me as broadcast engineer for ICR-FM, especially when I have to do stuff like explain to presenters what PPMS are, and why the red bit on the screen doesn't mean you are "pumping out the bass" but instead are hitting the limiter..

Aunties info can be found here (at least currently). It starts with modern stuff first but goes back as far as the 1940s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/search?Type=Publications
Old 15th Oct 2013, 9:19 am   #5
raymondg
Retired Dormant Member

Have checked the ntlpa site and the folder says it is empty. Anybody else had this problem?
Old 18th Oct 2013, 11:16 am   #6
bondy01
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondg View Post
Have checked the ntlpa site and the folder says it is empty. Anybody else had this problem?
It's under memorabilia from the menu next to pension matters. For some reason they haven't been added to the folder.
Closed Thread