UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Oct 2013, 4:37 pm   #1
Stylo N M
Heptode

Default Bush RP40 Record player.

Hi all,
In the 1970s my grandparents had what looked like a Bush RP40 record player, but it was much heavier to carry than the one I have today. Were there any earlier RP40 modols that had 3 valve amplifiers? I always seem to think it had 3 valves of E series, but as being a child back then I may be wrong, the one I have today, only uses a UY85 and a UCL82 any suggestions or info would be welcomed.
Thanks guys, Paul.
Old 17th Oct 2013, 7:38 pm   #2
Glowing Bits!
Octode

Default Re: Bush RP40 Record player.

According to the service sheets, and a Google search, there should only be two 'U' series valves.

The rectifier is a UY85, the pre-amp/output is a UCL82, the heater supply being a tapping taken off the motor at 90 Volts.
Old 17th Oct 2013, 9:33 pm   #3
Stylo N M
Heptode

Default Re: Bush RP40 Record player.

Hi all,
Thank you for looking, maybe childhood excitement caused me to misinterpret the number of valves. Does anyone know if there was an earlier one with a different modol number that looked identical to the RP40? I do remember the 90V tapping and the large 120 ohm resister.

Thanks, Paul.
Closed Thread