UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Nov 2017, 4:39 pm   #1
LukeG83
Hexode

Default Philips N1700

Hi,

I have been fortunate enough to come across a N1700 machine from a forum member. It has one tape with it.

I have been reading posts on here, including a post (now closed) where the dimensions of the belts were provided, complete with the item code for CPC and an American company.

Unfortunately, the cost of p&p from the USA makes ordering them too expensive, so I have searched eBay and it appears that there are some sellers there that can provide kits from 15 Euros.

Do any forum members have experience of these kits and can recommend a trusted source of N1700 belts?

My other question concerns tapes. The tape in the machine is past its best and I was wondering if anyone had some spare tapes they would be willing to part with? I would love to get this machine up and runnign properly again and add it to my small but growing vintage VCR collection.

Many thanks, Luke
Old 18th Mar 2018, 1:21 am   #2
The_Archiver
Pentode

Default Re: Philips N1700

Luke, I have previously used mfbfreaks.com for a set of belts for an N1702, and have had no problem with them. You may need to translate their webpage prior to ordering.

Phil
Old 18th Mar 2018, 10:06 am   #3
Philips210
Nonode

Default Re: Philips N1700

Hi.

Regarding the N1700 cassettes, it's possible to replace the actual tape from a good VHS cassette though I haven't got around to trying this out for myself. I'm fairly sure other members have successfully done this and it would be good to see exactly how it's done.

Regards
Symon.
Closed Thread