UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2007, 10:08 pm   #41
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Request for a 32 (and if possible a 30) line standards converter.

I wonder if the Aurora works better because the output is DC coupled. Unlike normal audio the 30/32 line video signal has a substantial DC component which will be lost on the average AC coupled output.
Old 15th May 2007, 10:11 pm   #42
DoctorWho
Rest in Peace

I have no idea, but the picture obtained from it far exceeds my expectations, it really is amazing. I just wish I could get a successful off-screen photograph which, so far, I have been unable to do.
Old 16th May 2007, 3:12 am   #43
tubesrule
Hexode

Hi Peter,
Glad it's working out well for you. Of course this is only representative of what would have been possible in the early days. With the converter we are feeding a digitally generated signal directly to the Televisor. Originally we would have had to contend with such things as signal fade, bandwidth limitations, and so on.
I agree with Jeff that the DC coupled output from the converter is most likely what's making the output more stable than that from an audio source. Most audio sources are AC coupled, so the black level, and even the sync pulses will change depending on the scene. This is why you may have lost sync on scene changes before.
All this means the image with the converter is as good as you could have obtained under ideal conditions back in the 20's and 30's, and it certainly makes for an enjoyable watching experience today!

Darryl
Old 16th May 2007, 9:52 pm   #44
DoctorWho
Rest in Peace

It certainly does make for a very enjoyable watching experience Darryl, the Televisor has exceeded all my expectations, I'm just amazed at how much information is present using 32 lines!
Old 31st Aug 2007, 1:41 am   #45
Patchy1986
Triode

I don't think I could justify that kind of amount plus import duty for 40 quid MUTR kit but could someone provide me a photo of live tv from this converter on whatever NBTV set they have, just for fun?

Cheers
Closed Thread